Dragon Age: Party Camp
Alandree

Administrator

Dragon Age: Party Camp

So this is something I've wanted to do since DA2 came out basically. I put up a board of my own around 2011 that was supposed to be a chance for all the canons to just convene across games and have a jolly good time together, but it didn't turn out so great, and my dream fizzled.

My love for DA did not though, so now that DAI has been out for a couple of years, I noticed a lot more widespread interest, which is like my dream come true. I have been a diehard bioware fan since I was 11 years old. I am so proud to see them succeed. Their main studio is in my town, so I got to take a small tour there when I was about 14/15 (?). It was lovely. Didn't meet anyone of note, but I got to see some early DA:O work being done (I saw them animating Dog). It was pretty cool to see the finished product!

Anyway, enough about me.

So, as I said, I want to do a pan-game/timeframe/AU monstrosity. Canon focused. I think for now, no OCs. There are plenty of great places to RP OCs in Thedas around, but the places with canons always get filled up very quickly and are not super reliable, so I think this space will be fun for just playing around with them for ourselves.

I think Skyhold is great, but my heart is still truly with the party camp setup in DA:O. It's very DnD reminiscent, which makes me very happy and hearkening back to older games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Which DA basically is, just fudged so that Bioware could get around all that licensing crap.

So my first idea was just to have a party camp of the canons as adventurers floating in whatevertime in Thedas' calendar, doing any kind of quest we want, basically, in whichever parties we want. Like basic DnD open-ness. If you know what I mean? Like really, why do DnD characters go on adventures? For loot, mostly. But the premise of the journey is what's the most fun, and motive can be formed around it.

With that said, I thought tentatively of adding dice rolls or something, but I have basically never DM'd something ever before, so I might be shit at it. Instead, just using RP as we do any other forum play-by-post seems good enough. If someone has a better method, then be my guest!

Anyway, I'd love to make a skype group, if people have that. It's worked well with the Morrowind group. Please feel free to add me at Alandree and we can make something from there. If we don't use skype, then we can just use this thread to brainstorm.

So, for canons, I'm not gonna do a list of who we DON'T have, rather, who we DO get as the thing goes on. Feel free to use canons who aren't companions, like advisors or other NPCs, any are fine with me.

For the matter of Warden/Hawke/IQ, I'm not sure yet. With this different format, I don't think we need them. If someone greatly objects, I will consider adding them, but they're technically all OCs so I'm not sure if I want to. But yeah, if someone begs me, I will allow it. XD I've decided to allow it. But no other OCs than them for now!

LIST:

Inquisitor - Alandree

Anders - reserved
Carver Hawke - reserved
Cullen Rutherford - reserved
Fenris - Alandree
Shale - SithLordOfSnark
Zevran Arainai - Alandree

Edit 1: Of course, I want to add that I fully approve of ships, and thus giving chars whatever sexuality people want. It's all up to you. Like making Cullen or Morrigan bi, for example. Not so much into, say, making Dorian straight, but like, ones whose sexualities aren't set in stone/integral to their personal plots, are free to be interpreted. If you have a ship, go for it. So long as the other party/parties are into it.
12-01-2016 11:38 AM
find posts quote
SithLordOfSnark

RE: Dragon Age: Party Camp

I think I might be interested in this. XD
12-07-2016 03:50 AM
find posts quote
Alandree

Administrator

Hi! Nice to see you again! I am not officially opening things up again, but I figured I'd use it as a private space for my own smaller interests. Just let me know which canons you'd like and I can put you on the list!
12-08-2016 12:44 AM
find posts quote
SithLordOfSnark

Nice to be around. :)

I think I'd like to take Shale.
12-08-2016 01:31 AM
find posts quote
Alandree

Administrator

You got it! :)

So, if anyone has some good ideas for quests/adventures, I will gladly start up something in the near future, we should have enough for a start now.
01-04-2017 06:46 AM
find posts quote
Alandree

Administrator

So i've decided that a sort of vague post-trespasser timeline wherein everyone just joined Red Jenny for their own reasons would be a good starting point. Fudge things as you like.
01-30-2017 10:04 PM
find posts quote