Plot Ideas!
Plot Ideas!

So I continue to come up with random ass plotlines that I think would be cool to try on here, but they don't tend to be stuff I'd want to use for a site-wide thing, so I thought making a thread to just throw out ideas for others to join in or even claim for themselves if you don't want to directly get involved and just thought it would be cool!
I am in an Art History class this term and we were learning about some cave paintings that were discovered in the late 1800s by a man and his daughter who were walking on his property one day. So that made me think, if someone found some old ass anglo-saxon remains/ruins/whatever in the bog or moorland, that'd be rad. :) There were well preserved bodies found in bogs as well, maybe someone finds Menka's body????? morbid as fuck.
Finding a dead body would be awesome! Can you say autopsy?
Yes!! also the Burke & Hare thing you mentioned, that could be good, graverobbing and stuff!
@Mung and I were thinking of having an old and very British noble couple visit the family for a few days and then mysteriously and suddenly disappear. Could be that one of them is found in the bogs :D

I'm guessing bodies back then might've been dealt with (prepared for burial and given the circumstance, autopsied) quickly before they're brought back home? Don't quote me, it's all facts from da ass~

But we could also have the weather be terrible around that time, making road travel incredibly difficult which might make for more conflict (like some Agatha Christie-level shite) which makes more for fun.
Bog Mummies are so fuckin rad, I for sure want them to find one that's super ancient like these ones. Agatha Christie it up in here, for sure. Would you guys NPC these old ppl or want to make them for real chars?
(09-12-2016, 12:48 AM)Alandree Wrote: Bog Mummies are so fuckin rad, I for sure want them to find one that's super ancient like these ones. Agatha Christie it up in here, for sure. Would you guys NPC these old ppl or want to make them for real chars?

We'd make them into real characters :D!
Yep, real ones so people can interact with them, get relationships or plots with 'em and shite :D Whenever it'd suit for them to visit, we can make them.
Sure, that could work!
Hey all, so our thread here unfortunately may have to get archived, but I'd love to re-do/revisit it and am open to any ideas about what the beast actually is. A ghost? A deformed/rabid dog? A circus animal like a bear that escaped? I keep forgetting that England doesn't have as much predatory wildlife as North America has!
ROFL thank luck for that! :P (I'd love this!)

Could always mix the two (escaped circus freak and demented ass animal)? Or there's the other approaches: leave it all a mystery of what it is or pull a Lovecraft and never describe it if characters approach it?
I love both of those equally TBH!!!
Sewing Circle must happen! I think it was one of our now departed members who suggested this, but I think it would still be a fun servant-only thing we could do. Basically it would consist of mostly maids mending and such, but maybe since the shortage of staff, they need dudes to come help. They can just relax and be chill after all the ghost madness methinks.
Yasssssss! Sewing circle!!!

Also, may I suggest a fever that goes around? Like the flu or something, maybe some people start seeing things.
LOL omg yes. Maybe people think they are getting it from the 'beast'?