Plot With Dree!

Hover for descriptions!

Primary

Anatole Ellis Ezra Jericho Kellan Violetta
A naive opera singer, invited to entertain the family. Very much a male ingénue and easily manipulated.
The pianist of Tachibana's Glass Circus. He is a strange, imposing figure with striking red hair and a smile that by turns becomes alluring or unsettling depending on who is looking.
A professor of history from Oxford, on a visit to research the oddities of the manor. He's a bit jumpy and bookish, awkward and oddly dressed.
The gamekeeper, raised in a residential school from very young age, but reconnected with his heritage in adulthood. He moved from Canada with Meril. Not terribly social but agreeable when approached, shy. Feels more comfortable with women.
Irish-Yorkshire farmboy who tends the gardens. Distant and sarcastic, not formally educated but ascerbit in wit.
The hateful and sour eldest Muzuran daughter. She was recently discovered to have been lying about both having a husband and the fact that he was dead.
Morin Tachibana Maksimov LeVert Featherston Muzuran

Supporting

Émil Sibyl Corbenic Meril Thomasina Dembe
The stable groom, a fairly rough and tumble individual. Not very good with manners, hygiene, or decorum, but well meaning enough. Originally from Mexico but lived in France for most of his life, doesn't often talk about it.
Sibyl Tedcastle, née Desjardins, is the sister of Colette Madswitte. She is proud, proper, and endlessly entertained at the idea of such a homely hamlet as Madsmoor that she's having a delightful time during her stay. Her smile is perpetual, but seldom sincere.
The local apothercary, Corbenic is strange and quiet, dressing mostly in black. Seldom engaging in social outlets, but cheery in disposition during open store hours. No one would guess that he enjoys digging up the graveyard at night in his spare time.
Housekeeper and tough love mother figure! Originally from Canada on the east coast. She's world weary and firm, but empathetic to those she deems worthy.
The ringmaster of Tachibana's Glass Circus.
Dembe is a local carpenter, recently settled in Madsmoor after his mother, 'Morgana', and her fellow Hecate Sisters, decided to set up shop and home in the vicinity.
Salazar Tedcastle Corvid Knott Benbow Glass Nanjala

Background/NPC

Kelvin Eleanor Delia René Harriet Isadora
Kelvin has become reclusive, depressed, paranoid even. He was once a jovial, flamboyant man. Charming at public gatherings, a real crowd-pleaser. Recently however, the idea of communing with the spirits has begun to perk him up and out of hiding.
Discerning and stubborn, untrusting but protective of her kin, the titular 'Circe' of the Hecate Emporium is otherwise known as Ella; she tells fortunes for a few coins, though after the recent happenings during a seance at Castle Madswitte, her abilities have been given the reputation of something more than a simple parlour trick.
The former governess at the manor. Rumours abound about how she was ousted from her home village in Scotland after rejecting too many suitors. She was recently murdered.
A typically entitled, moody 18 year old. Snobbish, rude, and enjoys bossing around anyone even half a tier lower on the social scale than he.
A Canadian student who just recently moved to Madsmoor to attend school a year ago. She is sweetly mannered on the surface, but with a rebellious tendency; she enjoys wearing bycicle knickers and smoking cigarettes behind the schoolhouse, for example.
She's ornery, rarely speaks, but likes horses and other animals a lot. She's very childish despite being nearly 30. Huge temper, she likes punching people. But her Hecate sisters don't like that so she gets in trouble a lot.
Madswitte Emery Harris Chastain Kempa Molenaar

Bernini
She is Kelvin's new puppy and she can also see the spirits... of animals.
Madswitte

To be added: Florian Bankman, Mazarin Arvidson
Heya! I am going to throw a few ideas at you!

Meril - I feel like she and the doctor might get along? I am sure he comes off as a bit pompous, but he is ultimately very practical. They probably share some frustrations with thier employers.

Rene - speaking of frustrations, I feel like this kid would be a primary one.

Ezra - Dr. Dietrich is well composed, but also a total nerd. He is not superstitious, but he is inquisitive. I can see them getting along most of the time until they hit something they vehemently disagree on. Such as whether Oxford or Cambridge is better.
I like all of these ideas very much! Of the three, Meril has an open thread right now which he is free to join! Otherwise any others are welcome, I can make something later this evening if you'd like. :)
Hiya!

So I figure if Agnes is a parlour maid she's likely to know the crew at the Castle, in particular Meril. Agnes misses her own mother terribly, but isn't so far gone that she'd cling to Meril as a substitute, but it'd probably be evident sometimes that Agnes is looking for a womanly mentor. Kind and helpful to the lads who are servants; probably not a lot of patience for Rene or Violetta and focuses on biting her tongue a lot when serving the fancy folk. Maybe gawps a bit at the grand and odd visitors.
Hey Emily :) How long has Agnes been working there? That would definitely affect her relationship with Meril in particular, she's pretty tough/neutral about new folks but can quickly warm up to them if they've been there a while and she happens to like them xD
Perhaps a year or so, if that works? Enough to be pretty settled and comfortable with her work, but still curious about a lot of things and still needing the occasional reminder.
Sounds good to me :) That probably means she's been around while a lot of the other staff quit, so if you like they could commiserate about that fact, for a start!
Sure! I'll pop an Agnes thread in their servant hall/kitchen.
Oh great!
Renee and Roseline

Both have previously led pretty sheltered and easy lives and idk if he's the same rank as rose or lower than her, but she's not snobbish and so throwing them in a thread might be fun?

Roseline and Violetta

Both are widows at least, granted violetta doesn't seem to be longing for her husband as much as rose is, but I still think it might be cool to throw them together in a thread and see what happens?

If you can think of ways to throw your other characters into threads with rose i'm more than open to it, these were just some initial ideas that hit me ^.^
mind if i drop pip and/or hester into the thread with meril and agnes? and if you want a thread filled with poorly concealed hatred and mutual disdain, a hester and rené thread could be a laugh!
Hey guys, finally pared down some of my threads! I'd love to do a René thread, with both of you in it, potentially. Perhaps Rosaline comes upon Hester scolding him about his studies or something? He's probably ready to go to college and is dragging his heels on it so that would probably be something she could find annoying!
I'm game ^.^
Rene - Of course! She has been in his life since birth. Rosalie started in the Chastain's house since she was 13. He can like her or not, that is up to you. But, she is pretty happy and friendly. And likely a friend who would speak french with him.

Meril - Probably maybe doesn't like her? She came with the Chastains and she didn't have a chance to say yes or no to her hiring. So, yeah. Maybe they butt heads a bit?

Ezra - Rosalie is pretty bookish herself and likes to know more. She might have fun teasing the poor guy about superstitions that she thinks are silly.
HAH that's definitely an interesting vantage point if she's been with them since he was born! Likely she would have been more of a mother figure to him than Colette, but he's such a little shit that that still might not make him treat her any nicer >>

I'd love if she and Meril butt heads, she's raring to have a go at someone right now what with all the tension in the house.

And sounds all good with Ezra as well. Poor thing. xD