Here are our philosophies on in-character posting:
: We have no minimum, just be sure to give your fellow writers something to work with.
: We define metagaming as an umbrella term for few things:
- Taking control of someone else's character.
- Using knowledge about something that your character could not conceivably know.
- Winning every fight, dodging every hit.
- Having unlimited power that breaks the plot/setting.
: If you get permission beforehand from the member(s) you are interacting with.
: Welcome and encouraged, especially if there are unclaimed staff that are needed in a thread. If you are the one who brought it in, you own it temporarily. Don't take control of someone else's NPC unless they give you permission.
: Refrain from resizing/reformatting IC posts in any way so that all members will be able to read them clearly. Exempt forums: Dramatis Personae, Memoranda.
: Please utilize the Away Status
feature (found under Away Information) if you are going to be absent for more than two weeks. For three weeks or longer, you can optionally post in our Extended Absences
thread as well.
: We offer a number of ways to tag threads for content, open status, and specific character inclusion.
- Title Prefixes: Use the drop-down list next to the Thread Title textbox to indicate whether the thread is Open [O], Closed [C], or contains a Content Warning [O CW], or [C CW].
- Tag Box: You may use our tag box at the top of the index page to advertise open threads. Please do not put closed threads here, instead, use our handy tag user feature below:
- Specific Members/Characters: You may use our '@' tagging feature, which will send the tagged user a PM notification. To do so, simply write @"Username" (with the quotes) in your thread somewhere. You may use either their OOC or IC account to tag.