Closed Tea Party (Elijah)
Elijah's eyes widened as the man related a story with only a few brief words. It was heart breaking really. He nodded a bit and patted his shoulder. " I am sorry to hear that. Rats can be very cruel. Lots of animals can be. People too. I am sure you wanted to though. "

He shrugged as he gave the man some water to drink. "Not any more. It's tender though. When something is cold it feels colder. Hot feels hotter. Things don't always feel as soft as they are supposed to. But I wear gloves most of the time so I don't feel as much as I used to anyway. I blocked it off. You look like you'd be itchy, perhaps you should try something to help with it? A salve or something?"It might not clear it up but I guess it could help relieve the itchiness."
Simon understood, and he could tell that the constable understood him too. He understood about wanting to save things, to save them from pain and hurt. But he'd never been able to save anyone, not even himself. And he knew what the constable meant about not feeling as much and blocking things out - blocking the pain out. Sometimes Simon could do that. Sometimes when people were hurting him, he could make himself go away, to a place where the pain couldn't touch him. Sometimes....

His mind came back when another question was asked of him, and he nodded his head but said, "No. I don't have any. My granny used to make me something, when we could find the leaves, in the summer. I know what they look like. But I don't know how to make what she made. It helped, a lot."

He fell silent again. He'd talked more in the last twenty minutes than he had in the last twenty days. He was bashful still. He knew people didn't like it when he bothered them. The constable didn't seem to mind, though. But that was just it - Simon was terrible at guessing what people wanted, even when they asked him things directly. So often the words were just too confusing. So he sat in silence, waiting for whatever was to come next, just as he always did.
Elijah nodded and allowed to let the room be quiet. He felt Simon didn't like talking and he didn't know much about what else to talk about. He did have one question though.

"Perhaps a doctor or someone in town might have ideas. I can ask if you like. If your condition bothers you, and your grandmother had something that helped. I'm sure someone else in town might have some idea. Especially with the new hospital. You shouldn't have to suffer.."

..More than you already do, he had wanted to say but kept himself quiet. He certainly could relate and wanted to help in some way, though he was certain that Simon would never accept.