Open - Content Warning A Storm Ashore
Warnings: References to antisemitism, prostitution, an ever-increasing shitton of generally depressing subjects, & sexual content

Comedy, disaster, romance, and a selective dusting of soul-wrenching angst keeps me regular.

Expect a lot of bad jokes and morbid humor.

Themes my characters tend to have in common include LGBT, mixed backgrounds, and the (sometimes) unrecognized potential for everything to end in a dumpster fire. That said – I [try to] treat my adopted characters much more gently (unless instructed otherwise).

THE CAST

Meet...
[Image: IvHAzca.png]
Mr. Zechariah Meijer, Esquire.

Originally from a town in the Kingdom of Bohemia (which would later better be known as the Czech Republic), Zechariah had the crisis that everyone with same-gender siblings eventually runs into: he didn’t want to do the same shit as his four other brothers. Coupled with a hot temper in Talmud class and a budding realization that his theoretical future wife would have grounds to drag him to a rabbinical court after the first month.

Zechariah was gay as the day was long, and he was not a betting man: what were the chances he would find a wife content to abstain?

Granted, what he told his mother was:
Letter to Mother Wrote:I courted a Miss Smith, but the women of the north have strange preferences regarding circumcision: namely, none of it.

Never mind he had brought a bouquet to the first Judenhass – or as they called it around here, antisemite – lass he could find.
~~~
Friends
Probably Jewish, related to him (distantly or otherwise), met in college or work(ed) together. Friends of necessity/circumstance are also possible.

Family
Yes, please!
Additional possibilities include cousins, bastards that nobody openly acknowledges are bastards, and aunts, uncles and grandparents from two very different, rifted sides of the family.

Enemies
Probably the most extensive category.
Antisemites. Rival lawyers. Rivals from school. 7 different men he had various levels of attraction toward, 3 having some level of crash-and-burn dalliance and 4 being completely one-sided.

Romance
Something mutually obsessive or with a dude even more unavailable than Zech.

[Image: vxN2xOf.png]

Jack Swallow, Well-Traveled Actor

Jack's main struggles tend to be the trouble he gets himself and others into – usually during a drunken ‘adventure’.

His most frequent haunts are the theater and market, though he might be inclined to pay visits to parties or a fan’s home if the food and alcohol sound tempting.
~~~
Friends
Fairweather, mainly. People he knows in passing, or fucks, or works with and tries to fuck. Less of a horndog toward women, though still flirty – Jack considers ‘making friends’ a euphemism.
He can be prompted to spontaneous (though brief) acts of 'heroism'.

Family
Wide open.

Enemies
Jack doesn’t hold many grudges. The ones that stick around tend to come and go in waves. Think frenemies.

Romance
Sex = 0 difficulty.
Most sexual relations will probably be fade-to-black and sub-par.
Romance = 8/10 difficulty.
Take this pursuit if you also enjoy walking on hot coals and self-flagellation.

[Image: CxDqVeZ.png]

Simone Newton, Jaded Musical Savant and Deceased Prisoner

She just wants to kill all the lawyers and hear her favorite songs.
~~~
Friends
A spirit of grief more than wrath, Simone’s driving motivation is getting her music played somehow, some way. She is more likely to intervene in a positive than negative way, unless you fucked her over.

Family
Open. Would be interesting to see someone from her family run into her spirit.

Enemies
There’s a lot of people who have failed her in her life. Her main ire is for the people who essentially sentenced her to death … and maybe the ones who laughed at her desire to write music one day.

Romance
She’s dead, lonely and seriously – walking through walls does things to your natural inhibitions.

[Image: kFg5kGZ.png]
Nesah Meijer

Wallflower turned shady reporter. ‘Neighborly,’ moreso than her brother who actually lives in town.

Friends
Most of her connections are through Bohemia, German-speaking countries, and a few pen pals throughout England.

Family
Zechariah’s sister, and all the family that entails. She is more removed from the family politics, but probably has a favorite (and least favorite) sibling.

Enemies
Practices she has reported on. A quiet consternation toward her family for not noticing her. Probably some temple rivalries. Maybe a girl who broke her heart, or someone she broke the heart of.

Romance
Probably enjoys the dirty secrets more than the actual dalliances.

[Image: DGDFv7b.png]
Marquess Angel Cortes

While layman would mainly know him as yet another noble flitting around the castle, those within the castle probably know him better in relation to his mirrors that he will not. stop. talking. about.

Before the murder, he seemed a nice enough and even loving fellow – but then, he always had been rather fixated on those mirrors.

Friends
He treats anyone he has spoken to as a trusted friend – how they feel about that is open and not likely to budge his opinion unless they insult his mirrors.

Family
Mostly in Spain. There’s a vague concept for the father that needs fleshing out, but beyond that it’s wide open.

Enemies
Gravity. Right-handed society. That horse who kicked him off as a kid. That governess who told him his mirrors were creepy!

Romance
I’ve always loved the Addams Family dynamic between Gomez and Morticia, and hey – imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cue spoiler for shameless fanboying.
Show ContentSpoiler:

Disclaimer: Angel may or may not be so much of an angel and there is a high chance of him landing in jail – or worse. ‘Til death do they part.
Hi! -waves- :D

Here's my plotter: http://www.tatterdemalion.org/moorland/s...p?tid=1222

Zechariah:

Eventually my latest baby Simon will be accused of and charged with murder. We can certainly have fun with that!

He'll probably be represented as far as the solicitor role goes by Lawrence. He isn't a barrister so he can't actually do the stand up in court part of the show. But we could have Zec Q.C. meeting Lawrence professionally before that point or somewhere or somehow, professionally or in a social way?

Rob's a meathead with a sometimes big mouth. Recently rumored to almost have killed a girl he got preggers with an aborticide gone wrong. Marinette has autism or something like it so she comes across as very strange, and is a member of a locally vilified group of women just trying to get by out in the bogs. Fred is a juvenile delinquent from an impoverished family with a bad reputation. James is a nosy butthead of a London reporter, sniffing about for good stories. Those seem the most likely to have some sort of encounter with your barrister professionally.

Gerónimo:

I'm not coming up with any firm "Aha! This is the character to throw at him!" thoughts for him. If he's hanging out at the village or the manor for a while, he could literally run into any of mine. But as for something more interesting than a random meet n greet...hmm...

Well if you have any ideas that seem fun to you for either of your guys just let me know, here or on Discord (DM there might be best :) )
(04-11-2019, 06:24 AM)Gil Wrote: Hi! -waves- :D

Here's my plotter: http://www.tatterdemalion.org/moorland/s...p?tid=1222

Zechariah:

Eventually my latest baby Simon will be accused of and charged with murder. We can certainly have fun with that!

He'll probably be represented as far as the solicitor role goes by Lawrence. He isn't a barrister so he can't actually do the stand up in court part of the show. But we could have Zec Q.C. meeting Lawrence professionally before that point or somewhere or somehow, professionally or in a social way?

Rob's a meathead with a sometimes big mouth. Recently rumored to almost have killed a girl he got preggers with an aborticide gone wrong. Marinette has autism or something like it so she comes across as very strange, and is a member of a locally vilified group of women just trying to get by out in the bogs. Fred is a juvenile delinquent from an impoverished family with a bad reputation. James is a nosy butthead of a London reporter, sniffing about for good stories. Those seem the most likely to have some sort of encounter with your barrister professionally.

Gerónimo:

I'm not coming up with any firm "Aha! This is the character to throw at him!" thoughts for him. If he's hanging out at the village or the manor for a while, he could literally run into any of mine. But as for something more interesting than a random meet n greet...hmm...

Well if you have any ideas that seem fun to you for either of your guys just let me know, here or on Discord (DM there might be best :) )

Why, hello there!

Man, William just doesn’t get a break.

William ‘Simon’ Went: Be interesting to establish their dynamic before the trial – everything about him reads ‘harmless,’ so it will be that much more an interesting tragedy dynamic to see how that plays out.
Lawrence: Zech probably doesn’t know whether to admire him, scoff at him, or both. Probably scoff, what with what phrenology had to say about the shape of Zech’s head. May or may not have had a weird crush on him that instantly (or at least mostly) died the first time he pulled out the measuring tape in court.
Rob: Is someone that Zech probably keeps a ridiculously petty log of just for the day he ends up in court (along with Fred). How hard he would hit his case could hinge on whether he’d ever met Hazel beforehand, and what of many assumptions he made of her.
Marinette: Is probably one of those situations he chalks up to being lost in translation. What with his proper fear of Sukkot, Zech cannot begin to fathom someone willingly live mostly outdoors let alone in a hut.
James: Has the potential to be the bane of Zech’s existence. Especially if he ever sent articles ‘featuring’ Zech to his mother. }:(

Since Chi Chi is around the theater a lot, he’s bound to bump into Geronimo. Also, what are the chances Philomena hasn’t seen him or a crew member getting hauled in over some drunken stage accident?
William/Simon and Z - perhaps something set a while ago? how long has Z been in town? Might be fun for Simon to have been almost accused of something else, something petty, and Z kinda is like "Leave the poor bastard alone for goodness sake!"

Lawrence and Z - Hey! Let me feel the bumps on your head man! :D I don't even know if there is a proper courtroom in a village the size of Madsmoor. Maybe these two encounter one another in magistrates court? Which might be held in a slightly larger town somewhere close by? We could even combine the two and say William was being charged with poaching or some such nonsense and being brought up before the local JP, and Lawrence was representing him and thus had to try to sweet talk Z into letting him off? And thus begins the awkward "We're friends outside of the courtroom but opponents within" dynamic?

Philly doesn't frequent the theater as she has NO interest (note the capital N) in the arts. But it would be amusing if she attempted to play doctor with him, in that she isn't one and knows very little :D

That's 3 - I think that's a reputable start! :D

I could begin the court one if you'd like to begin Geronimo being maimed in some minor way. As a bonus Chi can be designated to accompany him to the hospital? Because...you know...Madsmoor is SO big he might lose his way... >.>
Hiya Spencer!
Ahahaha thank you for the tributes! XDDDD And thank you for the compliment re Magda! I think she’ll be a lot of fun.

So Magda is loosely inspired by Quasimodo, and in my head, her adoptive father is similar to Frollo, though not quite as prone to genocide or unhealthy obsessions with Romani women. He does tend to be a bit of a fire and brimstone type preacher, and while I think he’d want to “save” the “heathens”, if they weren’t receptive, yeah, I think he’d opt for, as you put it, hastening their trip to hell—or at least, making their lives in Madsmoor unpleasant—just by being petty and impolite, because he wouldn’t want to get his hands dirty doing anything worse. So he’s a jerk, but in the streetpreacher heckling people on the sidewalk kind of way, rather than the, Ifiyibg a violent mob kind of way, lol.

Magda would probably not know much about any of that, as she wouldn’t be aware Zechariah was Jewish unless somebody explicitly told her. If she realizes he isn’t very popular/isn’t well liked, she might take it into her head to become his friend, which could be hilarious and a bit awkward because she’s clueless about how friendship works, looool. I could definitely see some sort of fixation developing from that, which will get complicated later because she’s going to befriend Will “Simon,” and get mixed up in the murder fiasco. All the drama. She’s also just an awkward little weirdo, so he’s welcome to be suspicious of her, too. :-D

As far as Geronimo goes, that would be interesting too. He’s good looking, and if he were nice to her, I could definitely see her deciding she liked him and then awkwardly following him around, trying to talk to him, hahaha. She knows nothing about the theater, but might come try to see a play because she’s curious. I doubt she’s terribly popular around the village herself, so if someone were hassling her and he stepped in it something, that would certainly endear her to him. Just a thought though.
She looks wonderful and complex. <3

Oh man, I have a morbid fascination with Frollo. Zech's from Bohemia (modern-day Czech Republic), which tends to be associated with the Romani ... as well as living within the plausible societal deniability of not being gay. If he happened to be bi or closeted and Zech caught whiff of that, that could make for some awkward tension.

I think he's more likely to underestimate her than realize how scheming she is, tbh - which could probably blossom into a whole criminal network with him still scratching his head. }:)

Maybe a smuggler ring, a la Gerònimo. xD Okay, getting ahead of myself here. Wow, though. Her getting pulled into court proceedings could get complicated, fast, with Gerò - especially since he has a rather law-optional outlook. I could see him pulling her into various dubious adventures to try and cheer her up, or breaking up a heckling with a joke.
So I love the idea of her getting caught up in a smuggling ring without knowing it. She’s sneaky but she’s also pretty clueless about what people are up to, so it would be easy for someone to convince her to, like, help them move goods or stash stuff, and she would go along as she would think she was doing the smuggler a favor by helping them with their own things, looool. She’d be down for whatever adventures Gerónimo wants to get her involved in.
I would also be down for Zech harassing the priest in whatever way you want LOL. I’m probably going to request him at some point too. :-D
Out of the debtor pan, into the smuggle fire. xD Man, this guy. I'm definitely scheming on that now.

Oh man, that brings on a conundrum - do I play the guy harassing him or the fucker who bursts into full-orchestra crying over buns he can't touch? :O
Zech- as you already know or your character is about to find out was basically a gift from his mother, going to be living in the house, people will probably think she's his fiancé. She dresses beyond her status, probably one of the sweetest people on earth, but doesn't mean she doesn't have a quick tongue sometimes. I picture his mother saying something like 'she's a sweet girl, who couldn't help but be born into life she was, but she has so much potential than a seamstress or in your household a maid, help her make that jump." of course that's only a general idea of what could be said to him at this party thread.

Geronimo - I love the playby, I can imagine them being really good friends, figuring a way to get her out of her cleaning duties every now and then.