Closed Governess
Amelia Meyer had lived her life carefully, planning her next move whenever necessary and never bringing much negative attention to herself because she wanted to come out of whatever situation with shining recommendations and references. It was the Village of Madsmoor that drew her. At first, she had thought to become the new school marm but decided she would rather start out privately.

Castle Madswitte proved to be formidable, the façade looming over her like a scolding parent and causing gooseflesh to rise on her arms. She did not miss the feeling of being watched, nor the cold of the morning. The woman tightened her shawl and moved closer to the building, going toward the door with some hesitation.

Should she be there? Really? The answer was “yes” but it didn’t make a difference as to the feeling welling up in her belly. She had to remind herself that there was a very good chance of being hired because she had worked very hard to get where she was. With a deep breath, she rapped upon what she assumed was the servant door and waited for her fate.
Sean had been passing through the kitchens to get some lunch when he heard a knock on the door. This puzzled him greatly as he didn't know who would be knocking, certainly at this door. Quickly getting to it, he opened it and stared at the woman on the other side of the entry way.

"Hello. May I ... help you?" He almost mentioned this wasn't the main door, but it was clear she'd have had to pass it to get to this one. Perhaps she was wanting to speak to someone? Sean kept his back stiff to look as professional as possible, just in case she was a guest of his lady or lord and for some reason had an aversion to the front door.
The young lady tilted her head in greeting as the door opened and a man appeared. She was looking around with a bite to her lip for a moment before speaking in a soft and pretty voice, “Oh, yes…” she lifted up the missive in her hand and said, “I am Amelia Meyer, I have come to speak about the governess position.” She spoke like a learned woman, of course, and even as sweet as she may seem, there was an authoritative air about her.

She looked the part, too, for she stood in a bland looking traveling dress, a jaunty little hat upon her severe up do that seemed to be a bit mature looking against her face.
"Governess? Oh... yes." There was a strange silent moment that came to him, while his expression remained still there was a gloom to his eyes. The recent tragedy still was raw in the household and so he turned to allow her entry.

"Normally expected visitors use the front door." He said softly but didn't appear to be scolding her for it. He started to lead the way to the parlor. "You may sit and wait while I gather the misses. She will be the one who wants to interview you, would you like some tea while you wait?"
“I was under the impression from my education that servants and employees, potential even, should never use the front door. Many pardons for any inconvenience this brings.” She wasn’t impolite about it or snooty, but simply stating fact as she knew it. Her eyes were still warm as they regarded the man while she did as requested.

She was happy to be out of the damp for the moment; it was cold and her journey, while not considerable, had been tiresome. Even worse was that the woman in the room next to hers at the inn seemed to bring a bit of attention. Someone had told Amelia that they saw some odd things happening one night in the common area and they were all dying of curiosity as to the origin of the pretty redheaded medium, as it was put. She wondered if the woman in question would ever roam a spooky place such as this castle.
"It is alright, and perhaps some places are different. Normally here, employees use the side door. Potential ones are treated as guests and we show our best foot with the main rooms. Let me get that tea and my lady." Sean bowed to her and he turned to leave.

It was moments later that he returned with the tray. It had two cups and the pot. He wasn't sure what this unknown woman would like so there was a small amount of cream, sugar, and honey. He wished he had lemon but was sure it would be available soon enough.

"She will be back in a moment. Do you have any questions before her appearance?"
She watched the man move about with a nod, luckily not needing to ask questions. She'd not heard of the former Governess being killed, only that one was needed. Her mouth curved up into a slight smile as he returned with tea and such, "Thank you... No questions... I am sure I will see everything in time." A job was a job and she happened to be excited to work with little ones.

"I am simply excited to see little ones again. I adore children." She sipped at the tea, no complaints about the brew, though she tended to drink hers black.