Chillin' in the Church
How did it come to this point? Akal was shaking from the cold as the snow had started to fall. He was not properly dressed as he didn't intend to be out for so long. The man was disappointed as he'd allowed himself to be distracted. He wanted to get a bit of medicine from the apothecary for his throat even though he was much better, it didn't hurt to make certain. When he left the snow had started to fall, and it fell hard. He tried to make his way back but he didn't know his way around town all that well and when he couldn't see past a building or two he became more and more uncertain.

Finally, with his teeth chattering and hugging himself, he found something through the thickly falling snow. He didn't know how he had wandered so far he'd come upon a church but he didn't want to wander without a direction any longer. He would have to wait it out and hopefully warm up.

The small man pushed at the heavy door and nearly stumbled in with the snow when it opened. He blinked as he looked around the old church. He noticed several candles lit with a woman on the other side of the room. His entrance had caused some of the flames to flicker out, and he swore he heard the woman curse. That caught him off guard and he timidly tried to push the door shut and was about to mutter an apology but let out a small cough. Perhaps going out in the bitter cold after being sick wasn't the best idea.

"H-hello?"
Akal had just entered and made an attempt at shutting the church door when it opened again, with a much stronger force and accompanied by several incomprehensible oaths.

The man who entered the church next was dragging a heavy trunk with one hand and carrying an unwieldy, battered valise with the other. Wrestling with both pieces of luggage, he shuffled his way into the church, then pushed the imposing door shut with a BANG!

Breathing heavily, he collapsed into a sitting position on the trunk. It was then that he noticed Akal, and looked up at the other young man's face. The visage that greeted Akal held dark eyes, elegant cheekbones, and was quite certain to be unlike any face Akal had seen around Moorland Manor recently. Julian's Chinese features tended to stand out anywhere in England he ended up.

Realizing he had been gazing wordlessly at the shivering Akal, Julian cleared his throat and said in slightly accented English:

"Good day to you. Is it always like this around here?"
Akal was surprised another made their way through the growing blizzard. He stared slightly at the unusual man but then slowly shook his head.

"I.. would not know, sir.. I have just recently moved into town myself", his voice was soft and trembled as he still shivered. Slowly his form fell to a pew to sit as he rubbed his arms to warm. What he wouldn't give for a bigger coat at that moment.

His eyes returned to the chinese man that had just entered from the cold, the corner of his eye catching the lady relighting the candles. Lips curled up slightly as he attempted an apologetic smile though it was hard to notice. Shyness returned to him and his held lowered as he focused on warming up, one hand still clutched his bag of medicine tightly.

"I hope.. the snow stops falling soon."
"It's never like this." Dembe was sitting in a pew and stood when he heard two new arrivals. "Not this much snow." He eyed the fellow with the luggage. "Can I offer a hand?" Coming over and trying not to knock over candles. The church was already fairly dark and dank, but the snow clotting the slotted stained glass made it rather dungeon-like.