Plot With Action!
Solicitor

Mr. Armstrong lives in a fine house in Madsmoor with his three young daughters, his staff, and his mad wife.  He is monetarily well-off, intelligent, eloquent, charming, handsome, athletic, and utterly cruel. Since he first came to Madsmoor over ten years ago he has been spending his time traveling Yorkshire for his profession, and in fact keeps a second residence in York. When he is away, care of the house and of his daughters is left to his extensive and capable staff.

While in Madsmoor, Armstrong splits his time between the house, where he entertains guests and tends to his practice, and the outdoors, where he enjoys sporting pursuits on the moors. Occasionally he ventures into town for business or pleasure. Armstrong has an eye for the young ladies and likes to use his charm and wealth to manipulate them into his bed. He also makes sport of the female help. He is very concerned with his reputation, however, and most often leaves the daughters of the rich and powerful alone... but there are exceptions to every rule. Behind closed doors, Armstrong can be an utter terror to women. He even keeps his daughters in a state of fear.

When it comes to men he perceives as his equals or betters, though, Armstrong is perfectly congenial. He is witty, pleasant, and even compassionate toward them, and indeed deeply values the brotherhood that can be shared between gentlemen.

There are dark things in Armstrong's past. There are certain things that he believes that he is entitled to in the world, and he is used to getting them. The one thing he hasn't been given is a son, and as he gets older and his poor pitiful wife withers away in her bedroom, that fact is beginning to gnaw at him.
Welcome, Action! Aaron sounds like just the kind of guy we need around here. I think he could be pretty interesting with a lot of my characters, they;re all listed here in order of how well or often i can write them hah! What first came to mind was Violetta, since she's had a dark past as well but is far less able to hide how awful a person she is from the public!
(04-15-2018, 07:16 PM)Alandree Wrote: Welcome, Action! Aaron sounds like just the kind of guy we need around here. I think he could be pretty interesting with a lot of my characters, they;re all listed here in order of how well or often i can write them hah! What first came to mind was Violetta, since she's had a dark past as well but is far less able to hide how awful a person she is from the public!

If we could think of some way for them to come into contact with each other, I'm sure that Violetta and Aaron could get up to some serious scheming together... or destroy each other. I could also see Aaron setting his sights on Harriet, or even Delia, the governess, which could stir up some kind of trouble either way.
I love the character! I am sure there are a lot of possibilities with my characters. He probably acts very gentlemanly towards Colette Madswitte. She is good at reading people usually though and will act lady like but might keep an eye on him. Then again he might be good at fooling her.

I have a couple of younger ladies, but Molly acts strange and spends most of her time at the Manor, but who knows as she is easily led astray (or pretends its easy as she's still hiding out and wouldn't want her cousin finding her). Kitty on the other hand would use him for her own enjoyment, but certainly the minute he tries anything she doesn't like she could go a bit wild and certainly wouldn't put up with it.

He will probably avoid the Constable who is very backwoods but tries his best to help people and if he thinks there is abuse, while he knows he can't do much, he would try to help his family and try to keep Aaron in line, not that he can do much.

I'm also sure he'll hate Edward. The boy is the perfect age to be trouble for him, since he would like to lead his daughters astray and be little delinquents like himself. (he's already tried it with Julienne Chastain and it did not go well).

He probably wouldn't like most of my guys, they are all on the lower end of the chain, either poor or simply enjoy the simple life. Jon is about his age and has traveled all over Europe. He loves women and men and is a huge charmer, but it certainly fails a lot. In the end he just likes enjoying life and drinking. But he's a nice guy in the end who doesn't want to upset people so sort of Aaron's opposite.

I'm curious about your ideas on these and any of my characters you see that you'd like to do something with!
(04-15-2018, 07:38 PM)Action Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 07:16 PM)Alandree Wrote: Welcome, Action! Aaron sounds like just the kind of guy we need around here. I think he could be pretty interesting with a lot of my characters, they;re all listed here in order of how well or often i can write them hah! What first came to mind was Violetta, since she's had a dark past as well but is far less able to hide how awful a person she is from the public!

If we could think of some way for them to come into contact with each other, I'm sure that Violetta and Aaron could get up to some serious scheming together... or destroy each other. I could also see Aaron setting his sights on Harriet, or even Delia, the governess, which could stir up some kind of trouble either way.

It also occurs to me that, as a highly successful local solicitor, Aaron could be employed by Kelvin or other members of the Madswitte family for the handling of civil suits. It might even be likely that he is their usual attorney. What do you think about that?

(04-15-2018, 08:51 PM)Wayward Wrote: I love the character! I am sure there are a lot of possibilities with my characters. He probably acts very gentlemanly towards Colette Madswitte. She is good at reading people usually though and will act lady like but might keep an eye on him. Then again he might be good at fooling her.

I have a couple of younger ladies, but Molly acts strange and spends most of her time at the Manor, but who knows as she is easily led astray (or pretends its easy as she's still hiding out and wouldn't want her cousin finding her). Kitty on the other hand would use him for her own enjoyment, but certainly the minute he tries anything she doesn't like she could go a bit wild and certainly wouldn't put up with it.

He will probably avoid the Constable who is very backwoods but tries his best to help people and if he thinks there is abuse, while he knows he can't do much, he would try to help his family and try to keep Aaron in line, not that he can do much.

I'm also sure he'll hate Edward. The boy is the perfect age to be trouble for him, since he would like to lead his daughters astray and be little delinquents like himself. (he's already tried it with Julienne Chastain and it did not go well).

He probably wouldn't like most of my guys, they are all on the lower end of the chain, either poor or simply enjoy the simple life. Jon is about his age and has traveled all over Europe. He loves women and men and is a huge charmer, but it certainly fails a lot. In the end he just likes enjoying life and drinking. But he's a nice guy in the end who doesn't want to upset people so sort of Aaron's opposite.

I'm curious about your ideas on these and any of my characters you see that you'd like to do something with!

It would definitely be in Mr. Armstrong's best interest to be on the Marchioness' good side. As I mentioned above, he could handle business for her or her husband. At a glance, I also think that Molly would be a likely candidate for Mr. Armstrong's "attentions". Their paths could cross if he were at the manor on business, potentially.

Edward and Aaron might come into contact when Aaron eventually seeks out his son (he is the estranged father of little Noah.) With regards to Aaron's daughters, they are kept under strict watch by their nurse, but I'm sure they go into town occasionally with her, and I will note that his oldest daughter, Elizabeth, is only a year younger than Edward.
That is true, Molly is about a lot in the manor. She is usually supposed to be around the children but sometimes they 'lose' each other. Colette will certainly be in close touch with him and play the good hostess whenever he drops by for business or just to visit. It would make sense he is their usual attorney. She is trying to get things under her own personal good graces so she's recently gone out to see Lawrence Bayliss in town for his services. So far it is just for a will, but she is using him incase her husband tries to do anything beyond her knowledge and thinks he might go to someone other than their usual lawyer? Or she'll try to get Aaron under her thumb because she doesn't completely trust Kelvin (I don't know if she trusts anyone very well really).

Indeed, Edward loves himself some trouble. He might bother Aaron just to make the guy mad cause he doesn't like him. He never thinks about consequences.

And ohhh I love that! Poor little Noah.
(04-16-2018, 10:22 AM)Wayward Wrote: That is true, Molly is about a lot in the manor. She is usually supposed to be around the children but sometimes they 'lose' each other. Colette will certainly be in close touch with him and play the good hostess whenever he drops by for business or just to visit. It would make sense he is their usual attorney. She is trying to get things under her own personal good graces so she's recently gone out to see Lawrence Bayliss in town for his services. So far it is just for a will, but she is using him incase her husband tries to do anything beyond her knowledge and thinks he might go to someone other than their usual lawyer? Or she'll try to get Aaron under her thumb because she doesn't completely trust Kelvin (I don't know if she trusts anyone very well really).

Indeed, Edward loves himself some trouble. He might bother Aaron just to make the guy mad cause he doesn't like him. He never thinks about consequences.

And ohhh I love that! Poor little Noah.

If we could think of some business that Mr. Armstrong might have at the manor, I'd love to thread with Colette, then possibly bring Molly into it. Maybe something to do with some property, like the new theater?
Oh yes or the hospital, she put money into both I believed but would certainly be more excited to speak about the theatre! I would really enjoy that. Any time you want to , just let me know. You can begin or I can. =)
(04-16-2018, 03:13 PM)Wayward Wrote: Oh yes or the hospital, she put money into both I believed but would certainly be more excited to speak about the theatre! I would really enjoy that. Any time you want to , just let me know. You can begin or I can. =)

Why don't you start, since you probably have a better idea of what the Marchioness' needs would be than I do (which is to say, you probably have a better idea of why Mr. Armstrong might be called to the castle.)
Sounds great!! I just got home but after I take something for this killer headache and make a quick dinner I'll make a starter for ya!
(04-15-2018, 07:38 PM)Action Wrote: If we could think of some way for them to come into contact with each other, I'm sure that Violetta and Aaron could get up to some serious scheming together... or destroy each other. I could also see Aaron setting his sights on Harriet, or even Delia, the governess, which could stir up some kind of trouble either way.

She'd love a good scheme! I've unfortunately just retired both Delia and Harriet to NPCs for now, just to lighten my character load, but Violetta for sure. If he's employed by the family as I mention below, then they'd likely run into each other around the manor sometime.

(04-16-2018, 05:49 AM)Action Wrote: It also occurs to me that, as a highly successful local solicitor, Aaron could be employed by Kelvin or other members of the Madswitte family for the handling of civil suits. It might even be likely that he is their usual attorney. What do you think about that?

Definitely, if you want him to already be employed, that'd be fine by me. They sure could use someone to keep their weird affairs in order!
I'd say that, if Wayward doesn't mind, she could even show up in our current thread at the manor after a bit.