Closed Some Minor Assistance
"No! Please, I am quite bad at joke." He amended quickly, also standing, trying to laugh off his own stupidity, "I am grateful, someone I can speak to about this. Stay?"
Of course, Felix did understand how difficult it was to find others who understood. After a moment, he settled back on the bed. "Of course, I am meant to be assisting you, after all, and I promise to behave." The promise was more to himself than Professor Maksimov, but he had never meant to make the other man uncomfortable. He offered the other man a small smile, unsure how best to help.

"Is he the only one you've ever felt this way about? You've never considered anyone else?"
Ezra also sat again, trying to arrange his posture more casually, crossing one knee over the other. Exhaling, "Well, not since I have met him. There were some in school, nothing like him." The pathetic infatuations of his youth had been nothing but fleeting and filled with disappointment.
As the professor spoke, all untoward feeling toward him left Felix as he considered his complete devotion to his friend and colleague, leaving him with only sympathety and aesthetic appreciation for his situation. It was sad, and so beautifully hopeless, and Felix sighed as well.

"And I take it you've only felt this way for men?"