Plot with Gil
Updated with Lawrence, Hazel and Feilim if anyone feels posty! :D
Hi Gil! I have an idea and I'm not sure how feasible it is, but it could serve to be particularly excellent.

PHILLY & JEANNE
So Jeanne teaches literature in the village, but works as a private tutor as well. She's originally from France so perhaps Philly's father hires her to tutor his daughter in French and this backfires as the two become friendly and Jeanne starts sneaking her materials more in line with what she actually wants to learn? Jeanne attended university in Paris as well before coming to the village to settle so they could probably bond reasonably well. She's very much the sort of person who enjoys helping others pursue their dreams.
Marinette and Catherine sound like they would be an interesting pair. Not sure if it is most likely they would get along as friends or as enemies or if they would keep eachother at arm's length but any of those could be fun (though I kind of like the idea of two serious healer ladies with different schools of practice being pals). As much as Catherine is resistant to new ideas getting anywhere near her patients, they could also trade ideas, practice, and help (even if grudgingly as enemies) - herb lore likely would not be unheard of to her and Catherine doesn't always do things by Red Cross standards (she is far too efficient for that!)

If Lawrence looks like the wealthy benefactor sort Catherine might bother him even if she is barking up the wrong tree. His interest in mental illness could be something they partner up on as well, though if he gets too impersonal it will likely raise Catherine's ire.

Those are just two off the top of my head, but if you have more ideas let me know!