Paragon's Plot Page
Hello!  Paragon here.  I love plotting and I'm pretty much game for everything so don't be shy, and always feel free to contact me via PM or over AIM if you'd like!

Anyway, here are my boys...

Butler | 46 | He/Him

Les is the new fellow on the block, and it shows in his occasionally bashful and self-effacing demeanor.  Though he takes great pains to seem like a very austere and proper gentleman, he is hiding a severe drinking habit and an embarrassing history involving adultery and divorce.  Despite his own mistakes, he can be quick to criticize others for their own.

When it comes to the staff, he is demanding but not unforgiving, and quick to help those who need it as long as they are not repeat offenders.

Plot Ideas...
  • Bad Influences
  • People to uncover his drinking habit or his past, for good or for ill
  • Troublesome domestics
  • Complicated professional or personal relationships of all varieties

MALCOLM NAPIER
Police Sergeant | 48 | He/Him

So this here's the sheriff 'rounds these parts.   As the police sergeant, he likes to walk tall and carry a big stick (and then smack people around a bit with the stick whenever folks step out of line).  He doesn't give a rat's ass about justice, he just likes to exert control over people - and in a boring, sleepy town like Madsmoor he's extremely restless.

This was going to be the paragraph where I tried to convince you that he's still an ok guy and could also conceivably make friends but uh...moving along...

Plot Ideas...
  • Do you need someone to muck up your character's perfectly decent life?  Look no further.
  • Offering threats, manipulation, blackmail, extortion, etc.
  • Maaaajor gambling problem here, so turning the tables on him could be fun.
  • Could also be fun to hang out with, only time will tell.
Okay, here we go...

Oliver/Les - Oliver is the doc around the manor. We talked about Leslie finding out Dietrich smuggles body parts upstairs for his studies, so Oliver will pretty much help Leslie out with anything to keep that secret. He can be around if Leslie gets sick on booze. However, his son is a footman, but nobody is harder on Felix's discipline than Oliver. Oliver I am sure will push his son to be a good employee for Les (if anything not to lose his favor), even more than Leslie is comfortable with? Like Oliver makes a bigger deal of Felix's shortcomings than Leslie ever would?

Edit: Also, Oliver has a bit of a crush is friends with Meril, the housekeeper. I can see him using Les to like, idk... Pass messages along or something, or try to get to know her better.

Lucy/Les - She is totally a troublesome domestic. I am mostly interested in seeing how our thread pans out to figure out thier dynamic. It would probably become a Problem if she ever found out about his scandal, particularly if they don't get along.
And continued...

Oliver/Malcolm - um yeah. These two are not going to get along. Oliver is going to bristle at anyone telling him how to do his job, and I am sure their jobs will bring them to overlapping situations a ton. Plus, Oliver is hiding his body snatching, so it is not exactly like he is free of crime. But hey, it is one thing to get caught, another thing to get caught by Malcolm. Yeah. Bring on the blackmail and extortion and jurisdiction disputes.

They should save each other's asses sometime.

Lucy/Malcolm - These seem like a dangerous pair if they should meet? They both like to gamble. They both like to extort people to make themselves feel better. They both know they are better than this town.

Lucy knows better than to get on the bad side of a cop, so she will look for a way to keep him in her pocket. I can see them trying to outmanuver each other to somewhat disastrous ends.
*deep breath*
Oliver and Leslie
Yes, excellent.  I think we had discussed something like a Mutually Beneficial Relationship where Oliver keeps Leslie’s secret and Leslie not only keeps Oliver’s secret but also help hims avoid detection from time to time (thus getting him too Involved to ever tattle).  I love the idea of him being even harder on his own son than Leslie is, but I also feel very sorry for Felix XD

I would love for Leslie to find himself embroiled in the personal lives of both Oliver and Meril, completely against his will.  He would be the opposite of smooth about it.

Lucy and Leslie
Sounds good to me!  Let’s play out this thread and see where we end up with them :3

Oliver and Malcolm
Hoooo boy, like oil and water.  I hadn’t even considered how they might clash due to their professions bringing them together, that would be so perfect.  Can’t wait until someone is murdered.  I think once Malcolm gets a wiff of the body snatching, he’s going to be like a blood hound, and make things very difficult for Oliver (even if he doesn’t specifically suspect Oliver initially).  I’m not yet sure what he’ll do if he ever finds out, but it won’t be good for either of them, I imagine.

What would be the best way for them to meet for the first time?  You know, to guarantee the highest degree of palpable loathing?

Lucy and Malcolm
GOOD GOD, an extremely dangerous pair. “They both know they are better than this town.”  Jeeeesus, not getting over that any time soon. Yeah, these two need to get up to shenanigans.  While it may be difficult for Lucy to inspire real loyalty in him, she could probably still wrap him around her finger, by virtue of being an interesting, attractive young woman and playing into his vices (like gambling).  He’s married, but that’s Not a Problem.
I love everything XD. Let's figure out a Malcolm thread ASAP!! :D
Replying as promised :D I'm going to offer characters based off of plot ideas:

(02-09-2017, 05:42 PM)Paragon Wrote: Plot Ideas...
  • Bad Influences
  • People to uncover his drinking habit or his past, for good or for ill
  • Troublesome domestics
  • Complicated professional or personal relationships of all varieties

For bad influences, I have:
Colin McGrath: He's from the town and the last member of a dead farming family that was formerly wealthy. He solves his problems through drinking, gambling, being a general fool and causing fights with just about everyone.

For troublesome domestics, I have:
Jean-Étienne Lafocarde: He's a troublemaker. He'll steal, lie, and stir shit just because. So far, he has used the séance distraction to still some liquor but he could do just about more to be a pain in the ass.

Beth Featherston:
She's not exactly troublesome but she is a teenaged maid so she's bound to accidentally cause problems or get caught up in girl drama with the other maids, so if you want Les to deal with girl drama, she's your girl xD For the most part, she tries to be as helpful as possible, though.

Quote:Plot Ideas...
  • Do you need someone to muck up your character's perfectly decent life?  Look no further.
  • Offering threats, manipulation, blackmail, extortion, etc.
  • Maaaajor gambling problem here, so turning the tables on him could be fun.
  • Could also be fun to hang out with, only time will tell.

He and Colin could have a history at this point xD It could even be a weird "frenemy" (with Colin's stirring shit but also gambling) type relationship, if you'd like.

The other characters I could offer are:

Irving Milton:, local schoolteacher and generally calm/chill dude who likes natural history and being in the outdoors. He's going to be accused of killing one of his students (Hermina Wickes who Mung plays) in the future.

Ophelia Bysshe Oddley: She's the daughter of a famous explorer (though that's been disputed or questioned by some). She's going to probably interact with him later on since she's going to be pulled into a crime with one of Alandree's characters.
 Colin and Leslie
Oh dear, it could be fun to have these two run into one another, and get Leslie in a very bad way some time.

Jean and Leslie
Ah!  The 1st footman of Leslie’s nightmares, it seems.  Excellent.  I hope they clash often, with Jean’s great advantage being a willingness to be underhanded, whereas Leslie will likely just suffer with no means of retaliating XD

Beth and Leslie
YES bring on the girl drama.  I’d love to put Leslie through that ringer (you may have noticed a theme where I like to watch my characters suffer).  I should also mention that he has two daughters, ages 14 and 17, both of whom he is unlikely to see again any time soon.  He might look at Beth as sort of a surrogate, and develop a soft spot for her.

Colin and Malcolm
Oooo, I really love that idea.  Malcolm will probably appreciate Colin’s company just because he provides a distraction, but he’ll probably dislike him as a person and be waiting for an opportunity to catch him up if it presents itself.  

Interestingly, Malcolm’s stepson (Adam) is just a few years younger than Colin, and grew up in Madsmoor.  They might have known each other, in which case I’m sure Colin’s heard less-than-nice things about Malcolm.

Irving and Malcom
Alright, I love Irving, and I hate to make his life difficult but I definitely will XD  Count me in for that plot, because Malcolm will gladly investigate/harass him until he snaps.

Ophelia and Malcolm
Augh, same goes for Ophelia.  What a lovely, lovely girl; Malcolm will happily do his damnedest to threaten her with all manner of punishment ~*~*~ that definitely came out wrong

Consider me on standby for that plot as well!
(02-10-2017, 06:15 PM)Paragon Wrote: Malcolm will happily do his damnedest to threaten her with all manner of punishment ~*~*~ that definitely came out wrong
ROFLMAO

I love every single one of your ideas, of course as I said in the cbox. xD For a thread for now, we could go with: Colin and Malcolm (and sure, he could know his stepson!) or Leslie and Jean? Unless there's another you'd prefer to do, I'm all game and if you want, I'm fine with starting. :)
(02-11-2017, 05:43 PM)Oisín Wrote: I love every single one of your ideas, of course as I said in the cbox. xD For a thread for now, we could go with: Colin and Malcolm (and sure, he could know his stepson!) or Leslie and Jean? Unless there's another you'd prefer to do, I'm all game and if you want, I'm fine with starting. :)

OH MAN, decisions. Perhaps Jean and Leslie first? I'm not sure what about. Is there something Jean might be up to that Leslie could try and nip in the bud? Or perhaps a rare moment of actual bonding over something? Augh, sorry I don't have many ideas ><
Don't worry! I'll try and work off of either of those and post up a thread soon! :)
Here are some ideas I had for threads between our characters. Gordon and Felix with Leslie has already been discussed, but I would point out that Gordon's also hoping no one in the household discovers that he did not go straight from the Cambridge Workhouse into Service with Professor Henry Walsham-Smythe, but spent a couple of years on the streets.
Felix, like Leslie, also has a daughter he doubts he will ever see again, though he hasn't seen her since her christening and doesn't really talk about her as the circumstances leading to her birth are a bit difficult to explain.

Gordon and Malcolm - As mentioned, Gordon doesn't want anyone to find out about his time as a street tough, and while he doubts he has a record, he isn't entirely sure of that. He's got a decided wariness and distaste for police officers, but will generally mind his own business and keep his distance. Until Malcolm starts coming for Dr. Dietrich and Miss Oddley (who Gordon has an unacknowledged crush on.)

Felix and Malcolm - While Felix isn't really involved in "crime" per se, he has issues with opiate abuse, and needs to work on discretion so far as his homosexual liaisons are involved. So if Malcolm's interested, he could definitely find some way to attempt to blackmail Felix into assisting with his investigations into Felix's father.

Himal Chandan - is a guest of the Manor, here with Alandree's Ezra Maksimov to research the history of the Madswitte's. He will want to arrange Interviews with the Staff with Leslie and Mrs. Benbow, as well as Interview Leslie. Then be irritated with the high turnover of staff. Himal is the son of a Rajah, and often takes a very Princely bearing with others (read: arrogant and entitled.) So. Not sure what Malcolm might want with Himal.

Wilf Plumley - local, Barber/Surgeon (even though barber's have been barred from practicing as surgeons since the reign of the LAST Queen or thereabouts). For Leslie, he is Lucy's grandfather so will be up at the Castle ocassionally to check on her and then hang around in the Servant's Hall telling tales to anyone willing to listen or in proximity and unable to leave. For Malcolm, he's Lucy's grandfather and is going to take it amiss if his granddaughter gets in trouble with the Law or trouble WITH the law. Also still practicing surgery or at least blood-letting and cupping, if Malcolm feels inclined to make trouble about that.

Julienne Chastain - bored twelve-year-old who would rather be home in France with her father, but is trying to make the best of her new home by getting into everything, including the Servant's Hall, and pestering the maids while they're trying to work. Also the Marquess' step-daughter, so . . . it's up to you how Leslie wants to handle her.

Claudia Gillingham - another guest, a well-bred young woman/teenage girl, inclined to behave herself fairly properly. She is definitely here in an attempt to get engaged to René Chastain, as her father's lost all his money. 

Albert Robins - Generally considered the good son of a bad seed, though quite a few in the village are keeping an eye on Albert in case he starts following in his father's footsteps. He lives with his mother, both of them claiming his father dead, though in reality he's imprisoned on several charges just short of murder. He works for the Grocer making deliveries up to the Castle and then hanging around outside smoking and avoiding work for as long as he can get away with it. 

Stella Marlow - sister and partner in all things of Mung's Silas Marlow. Has committed and been accomplice in several murders. On her way to castle but hasn't arrived yet. on hiatus for the time being.